SRI LALITHA SAHASRANAMAM – ADHYAY SARAM – DEC-22-2017 – DISCOURSE – 8
Om Namasivaya Nama:
Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam – Adhyaya Saram priliminary discourse
Why should you chant Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam?
To get rid of Paapam (Demerits) and to be close to Paramathma in the form of divine mother.
Why do you need Punyam (Holy Credits)?
To be a good person in all terms. Also to achieve a prosperous divine life in case we miss realizing Paramathma within this life itself. Because Punyam (holy credits) will eventually evaporate as we live long at the same time Paapam (Demirates) keep increasing to a mountain size. Therefore all our ancestors and great people recommended us to get involved in any work that produces more Punyam so that rest assured.
How can one get more Punyam to one’s life?
1. Do all your duties without any attachment or expecting the results of the work. Manasa (Mind), Vaacha (Speech) & Karmana (Action) one should be vigilant to perform his duties without expectation. Kriya = Work with expectations, Karma = Work without expectations.
2. If you don’t do any Paapa Karma i.e. harming others in every respect.
3. Visit Holy places, take bath/dip in the holy water and meditate on Manthra and its Murthy.
4. Take care of Parents, Gurus (Masters and Teachers) and Children and Grand Children.
5. Do social services keeping in mind that “you are on God’s duty”. Do facilities for the public.
6. Do Dhana & Dharma (Involve in Charity) without any publicity.
7. Don’t harm animals, birds and other creatures who are below to your status of life.
8. Do penance to keep the body serene accordingly mind and soul (Jeeva/Aathma) will also get purified.
9. Conduct Pithru pooja (rituals for Ancestors) and remember them on the departed anniversary days.
10. Don’t pollute Prakruthi (atmosphere as well environment).
To be continued…
Please download full discourse from the link.